[Home-on-the-range] May Monitor must reads...

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Fri May 3 12:33:22 UTC 2013

Hello federationists...again, an excellent  issue of the Braille Monitor is at your fingertips...May's issue has several articles I found most interesting and inspiring as well as somewhat humorous at times. Those of you out there claiming to be fashionistas don't want to miss "how braille turned me into a purse junky"...everyone else will enjoy it as well though some of you husbands, for example may still not "get it!" The story of this young lawyer could   be our  story  when it comes to us avoiding  the learning of braille....

the story about the senior going through training at the CCB is also a must read. The nightmare of a day that he experienced the day after Thanksgiving is none-the-less a bit of hilarity  once you realize all ends well...especially when he kisses his kitchen floor once he finally gets back home.

Ever want to go deep sea fishing? I have really wanted to do this  someday. The story of this new federationists tells us about an active, sports filled life and one that now also focuses on helping others find the NFB.

And of course, as Susie Stanza noted a few days ago, the story on the ongoing dismissal of Section  508 compliance from federal government purchasing, is a sad reminder of the ongoing struggle we as blind employees have in being able to do the work we were trained to do with inaccessible technology.  Happy reading! Dianne