[Home-on-the-range] Convention for the rights of people with disabilities Treaty

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 25 18:56:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for this, Tim!
Peace,
Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: Home-on-the-range [mailto:home-on-the-range-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Timothy
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:49 AM
To: NFB of Kansas Internet Mailing List
Subject: [Home-on-the-range] Convention for the rights of people with
disabilities Treaty

http://www.disabilitytreaty.org/

Greetings everyone, the Senate will start posting the hearings for the
convention for the rights of people with disabilities treaty next month. Our
own senators here in Kansas voted against this due to concerns over
sovereignty. This archaic thoughts stems not from fact but rather their own
political bias. The treaty is actually in line with our own ADA. Having just
concluded a trip to South Korea, I can at least say that the US is woefully
behind in terms of accessibility for the visually impaired. This is just one
method of letting those elected officials know that we have our own in
alienable rights.

Thank you for your assistance,
Timothy Hornik
Timothy.Hornik at Gmail.com