[Home-on-the-range] Social Security Checkin Kiosk Acessibility Survey

Tim Hornik timothy.hornik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:25:46 UTC 2016

Rob,

All I can hope is these kiosk possess a higher level of integrated accessibility when compared to the self-service/check-in kiosk found within the Department of Veterans Affairs clinics. Last comment from the VA’s §508 Director indicated a less than encouraging for any fixes in the near future. two years later, not much has changed, and that’s even after a Congressional hearing in 2014 about VA’s §508 compliance where my buddy commented on the results of a brief usability test we completed. Here is an action letter I have posted on my website based on experiences with the kiosk from multiple individuals.

http://blindnotalone.com/kiosk/

Thank you for your assistance,
Timothy Hornik
Phone: (785) 330-3503
Email: timothy.hornik at gmail.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/timothy-hornik-lmsw/41/78b/304

Questions about blindness, visit my website at:
http://BlindNotAlone.com