[Home-on-the-range] Social Security Checkin Kiosk Acessibility Survey

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 20 15:34:54 UTC 2016

Greetings NFB coleagues,

You may recall an announcement from our national president in the January
Presidential Release #446 telling us of an accessibility study of the Social
Security self service kiosks. We are asked to examine the kiosks to
determine if they are accessible enough to enable a blind customer/patron to
register one's presence at the SSA field office without needing sighted
assistance.

The accessibility survey I obtained from Valerie Yingling at the NFB
national office is attached. As of yet I have no knowledge as to which SSA
field offices in Kansas have these self service kiosks, so you are receiving
the accessibility survey questionnaire in the blind as it were. That said,
it is a good idea to confirm with your nearest SSA field office as to
whether these kiosks have been installed. Ms. Yingling's contact info is
listed on the survey should you have any questions.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor | 1st Vice president nFB of Kanssas