[Home-on-the-range] "If Braille Were Print"

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Sun May 15 12:18:25 UTC 2016

Hello federationists - in the May Monitor is a very timely and useful article called "If Braille Were Print". As our affiliate continues planning and working on our first BELL program, we can be reminded why braille is both so useful and so misunderstood. As we as active members communicate with others how important braille is for everyone with low vision and/or blindness  it is critical that we are able to articulate our position in a meaningful way.  This article is a must read and one that merits a bit of time to study so that we can better state our position on braille literacy and continue to turn misperceptions on their heads.  Happy reading! Dianne