[Home-on-the-range] A look at the South-Central Chapter

Donna Wood donnajwood at cox.net
Mon May 16 16:42:06 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Federationists,

The South-Central chapter members want to share with those who were not
able to make the meeting Saturday, May 14, 2016 an overview of the
meeting.

A Discussion was held on the Braille Enrichment in Literacy and Learning
(Bell) program.  The BELL is a 2 week long program held in July 11-22,
2016 for children 4-11.  Who are blind or visually impaired.  In this 2
week program such skills as braille, mobility and other blindness skills
will be introduced to the children.  The children will also be exposed
to independent and skilled adult blind people, who are the instructors
and volunteers.  If you are interested in volunteering for some or all
of the program please contact Emily Schlenker at (316) 644-4227 or
emilyschlenker at cox.net.

A discussion was held on the pros and cons of moving the day and time of
our chapter meetings.  No decision was made at this time we would like
further input from chapter members or potential members.

Dianne Hemphill volunteered to make calls prior to meetings to remind
and encourage people to attend.

Topics for future meetings will be:
 Iphone training June meeting
Watching a discriptive video August meeting (chapter will provide
popcorn and pop)
introduction to the MAC computer, more Iphone and different NFB
programs.  We are open to suggestions for other topics.

We will be planning 2 socials for the fall.  Stay tuned for further
information on the socials.

The chapter discussed fund raising and it was decided to sell chocolate
candy bars again.  The candy will be ordered and ready for distribution
by the June meeting we hope.

We hope to see you at our next meeting June 11, 2016.