[Home-on-the-range] DVS

Ashley N crazy4chemistry at att.net
Tue Mar 12 01:38:20 UTC 2019

    	Since there seems to be an audio description kick going on some other sources are:
To learn what movies have audio description go to:http://www.acb.org/adp/moviesad.html
You can get some description right on your iphone using the app Actiview
At most movie theaters you can go to guest services and ask for an audio descriptive device for the blind. Make sure to explain it like that so you don’t accidentally get the one for the Deaf and hard of hearing. If it doesn’t work bring it back and they should give you free movie tickets. Please note it won’t work until the movie starts so don’t think it doesn’t work until a minute or two into the actual movie.
Lastly if you want only the descriptive track and don’t care that it won’t have the picture you can make a free account on www.blindmicemegamall.com then use their movie vault. They will send lots of emails about products but you can just download the movie tracks if you want. These are downloads you can keep on your computer or iPad and don’t need WiFi to watch once downloaded and saved to your device. This doesn’t work on a phone only computer or tablet.
Ashley Neybert

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:39 PM -0500, "Susie Stanzel via Home-on-the-Range" <home-on-the-range at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I found this on one of my lists. I have finally started appreciating described video. I might find more later. Please find the message below my name.

Susie

In addition to the DVS section on the Netflix app, you can also go to a source like http://www.acb.org/adp/netflixad.html to see all of the shows on Netflix that have described video. Note that this is more then just original content. Recently I've seen Guardians of the Galaxy Volume II and Star Wars: Rogue One, and although I'm not always sure what is and isn't original content on Netflix, I'm pretty sure neither of these movies were put out by Netflix.

Similarly, to get a list of described video content on Amazon Prime you can go to http://www.acb.org/adp/amazonad.html I know I've seen Jack Ryan and Bosch recently, both of which were described.