[Home-on-the-Range] 500 presidential release benchmark!

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Wed Dec 2 14:41:20 UTC 2020

Good morning federationists! If you missed last nights presidential release, you will want to get to it soon. This was quite a landmark, being the 500th released since the 70’s…One of the questions that came. up was; when did you hear your first NFB presidential release - I heard the wonderful voice of Dr. Jernigan in the 70’s.
Past president, Marc Maurer was here tonight as well as Dr. Jernigan’s wife, Mary Ellen Jernigan…lots of memories…including a delightful memory of Dick Edlund referring to something as being as good as in “hog heaven”…some of you will hear his deep voice in your memory bank.

One of the purposes for the release besides dissemination of meaningful and useful information regarding matters impacting the blind was to stimulate discussion among chapter members…thus, I thought I’d see if there might be some discussion about this latest presidential release…by the way, my 2 favorite pies are cherry and lemon merimgue…you’ll know why I added this once you have a chance to catch the release.

Have a great day! Dianne