[Home-on-the-Range] 2020 meet the blind month, helpful hints for a smooth running project

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 00:34:10 UTC 2020

Good evening Kansas federation family and friends,

A phone call I received earlier today has brought to mind some ideas to make our pandemic-Driven meet the blind month storytelling project To run even more smoothly. I think we can all agree that Alison is doing a very professional job with the Social media postings. Another way we can show her our great appreciation is to reduce the amount of editing that she needs to do in your emails before posting them on our social media pages. below are a few friendly suggestions to help her with this project anyway that is easier for her.

1. Begin your posting with #MeetTheBlindMonth. noticed that this is a continuous string of text and that each word begins with an uppercase letter. This is the digital thread that keeps the conversation cohesive and flowing.

2. Use third person language and telling your story, even though it is all about you, so here is how. replace first person pronouns such as I, me, myself, my, and mine, with third-party pronouns such as He, she, him, her, His, and hers. F you dead or experienced anything with one or more others, then substitute Second party pronouns such as we, hour, and hours with third-party pronouns such as they, them, their, and theirs. remember to start the text after the hashtag (#) with your name So that Readers know who you are. F telling your story in third person sounds strange to you, as I’m sure it does, Just pretend that you’re telling your story to someone else who is writing it down for you.

3. Describe your photo N specific terms, taking care to avoid adjectives such as beautiful, picturesque, Gerrish, ugly, and any other adjectives. Other adjectives such as color are also helpful in enabling readers to form a clear and vivid image of your photo.

5. Proofread your pace before sending it to Alison for posting. Be sure to pay close attention to spelling errors, typos, and other technical mistakes such as miss placed modifiers, run on sentences, and missed placed punctuation marks. You need not be a perfectionist about this, however, as there are variances among us in educational levels, and proficiency and comfort with the English language.

If we take care to exercise these simple steps, This awesome project will go even more smoothly as we near the end of October.

Best regards to all,
Robert Tabor | 1st vice president National Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net