[Home-on-the-Range] Board Meeting

Alison Roets aroets1750 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:19:07 UTC 2022

Hello,
Join the board meeting at 3 p.m tomorrow, Sunday September 11.
Call in at 9162351420 and use access code 879925.

See the minutes below.
*
*
*
NFB KS Board Meeting 8/14/22

Attendance: Alison, Rob Tabor, Dianne, Bruce, Margeret, Susie, Tom Page, Donna, Sharon

No secretary report because Alison was not present in June and we could not locate the notes during the meeting.

No treasurer’s report because Fuller was not present, but Page said we are up to date with Baltimore.

Rob Tabor suggested the theme of rising expectations for state convention.
Margret said they Mayor of Salina is the same as last time we were there and we should be ale to get him to present again. Margret and her boss will be doing 15 minute massages for 10 dollars on Friday night. Nano Pac will be at the exhibit hall. We might have a presenter on Non 24 as well.
Tom said we need updated reports for the fall newsletter. We want convention invitation, newsletter and scholarship sent out in the next few weeks.

Rob Tabor has been appointed as our state historian.

Margret is going to work on finding music for banquet.
Donna said we’re looking anywhere from 35-50 dollars for a good cut of meat for banquet or 28-32 dollars for chicken and wanted to know what we thought we should do since its more expensive. Rob said top at 40 and Alison seconded.
Margret mentioned if we were paying for lunch or not we should go lower. Sueie suggested the state subsidize the difference so members don’t have to pay extra.
Susie made a motion that anything over 40 for banquet the state will subsidize and margret seconded and motion carried.

$5 registration, 10 at the door, 15 for lunch if not sponsored and 40 for the banquet, with up to 10 dollars subsidized by the state.
We will continue to follow the state mileage reimbursement rate for transportation. We will continue paying for first time attendees, we will need a list of these individuals in advance.

Rob said we have two applicants for the scholarship.
Margret asked why we still aren’t giving scholarships to tech and part time students and Sharon backed her. Rob said we are going off state and job retainment. Someone suggested reevaluating the policy. The scholarship committee will review this.

The KRS Advisory Committee met and the director is on board with having no means testing to receive VR services

Meeting adjourned at 4:05 and will meet again on September 11 at 3 p.m.