[Home-on-the-Range] FW: Coming up Saturday: Accessible Origami Online and In Person

pilgrim5 at cox.net pilgrim5 at cox.net
Thu Jan 12 01:20:02 UTC 2023

From: 'Chancey Fleet' via Technology Programs at Andrew Heiskell Braille & Talking Book Library <HeiskellTech at googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 11:46 AM
To: heiskelltech at googlegroups.com; nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: Coming up Saturday: Accessible Origami Online and In Person

Easy Origami with Verbal Description

Saturday January 14, 1:30 - 3 PM Eastern

If you're coming in person, join us at the Heiskell: 40 West 20th St in Manhattan. We'll be on the second floor. All the supplies you'll need will be here! In-person participants: please do your level best to arrive around 1:20 PM so we can start folding right at 1:30, and please email ChanceyFleet at nypl.org <mailto:ChanceyFleet at nypl.org>  with "Origami in person" in the subject line: this will help us have enough chairs!

If you're joining us online, keep reading for your Zoom link! We'll do our best to start promptly at 1:30 PM. If you have origami paper, keep it handy. If you don't, grab any copy paper or 8.5X11 (standard letter size) paper that you have (give a meaningful new life to your junk mail if you want!). Scissors will be helpful but aren't required. Before we fold any models, we'll show everybody how to get a square paper from a rectangular letter-sized page.

Whether you're here in person or out in the cloud, we'll use verbal description to learn origami models without looking. Try creating a rabbit, a lantern and a wallet. !

You can choose to participate in this hybrid event in person or online. Here's the Zoom link:

https://nypl.zoom.us/j/89293112158?pwd=SFptclhOMDBIN1FUSjdPUnZoRWlRdz09

--

Chancey S. Fleet

Assistive Technology Coordinator

Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library

(212) 621-0627