[Home-on-the-Range] More tips for written testimony on SB 284

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 18 17:25:03 UTC 2023

Good afternoon fellow advocates,

We’re getting off to a very good start on preparing our testimonies for the bill, which will be heard before the Senate utilities committee on Tuesday. At least one person has already prepared their testimony which has been sent to me and it’s good to go. If you also wish to run your draft testimony by myself, Tom Anderson, or Tom Page, you’re certainly welcome to do so before sending.

As the procedural document specifies, your testimony should be submitted in PDF format. If you are creating your document in MS Word, do as follows.
• when you are satisfied with your document after spellcheck and proofreading, perform the file, save command, as per normal
give your file a name which includes SB 284, all or part of your name, and senate utility committee.• now, execute the file, save as command.
• press alt +T which brings up a list of file types.
• down arrow to select PDF and click or space on the OK button.

The purpose of this double saving is to preserve your original file which will save a great deal of time when the bill gets to the house for consideration. In that case, all you will need to do is make the necessary changes that are appropriate for testimony before a house committee.

If you would like to give a virtual oral testimony, of course, you will need to indicate this in your written document. However, as a precautionary back up, I suggest that you send me an email or text to let me know that she wants to testify virtually, so that you can be sure to be on the agenda.

Finally, remember that the submission deadline is 9 AM on Monday morning. Meanwhile, happy writing, and feel free to reach out if you would like any guidance.

Best regards,
 Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind  of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net