[Home-on-the-Range] Update on blind information access act (SB 284)

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 20 00:55:11 UTC 2024

Good evening Philip Federation advocates,

I am delighted to announce that the above reference Bill has been voted upon favorably by the Senate utilities committee. The bill now moves to the full Senate, which may take action on the bill as early as tomorrow afternoon. So, the time has now come to contact your state, senator, and urge him or her to support the bail.

If you do not know which senator represents your district, you can find out by logging into

https://openstates.org/

Simply type in your address, find your town or city, and a list of both state and national legislators will appear.

Once the Bill passes the Senate, it should be reaching the house very soon. In that case, we expect a hearing will be coming up very suddenly as we are coming over closer to the end of the 2024 state legislative session. If you have previously written a testimony to the Senate, utilities committee and have saved the original document file, you will simply need to make the appropriate changes for the House, reconvert that file to a PDF, and submit your testimony, as you will later be instructed. meanwhile, enjoy this beautiful spring, and be closely watching your inbox for further developments.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor, | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
 Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net