[humanser] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind'sguidedog policy does not discriminate

James Brown jbrown321 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 23:00:47 UTC 2009

Hi Shannon,

I'm going to copy your statement below, but I'm going to insert cane users
in the place of dog users because I have seen the same thing on the other
side.

Here's the converse of your statement.  I agree about the skills of some of
those who use canes.  I've seen some who are fantastic and others who I
wonder how they manage to get out of their own house.

Weather it's a cane or dog, some people are going to get around better no
matter how much training they have.  You can't train physical and cognitive
aptitude.

What I want to know is, are canes really a better mode of travel than dogs?
Because by mandating in depth, pervaisive cane travel, it sends an unspoken
message of superiority.

Again, I'm not talking about the legality, but the principal.