[humanser] Acknowledge or ignore?

Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Fri Mar 27 03:25:35 UTC 2009

David,
Thanks for the idea. I did email a thank you note that was more directed to
the supervisor's sense of humor and welcoming spirit. I want to avoid
appearing to be a stalker by sending to many emails so, as of this writing I
have not addressed the issue. Maybe I am projected more into the situation
than need be. I will admit, part of me wishes I had engaged the topic while
I was there, in the moment. I may send a snail mail note of thanks offering
words of gratitude for his offering an arm in an unfamiliar situation and
stating that it is nice to learn a new environment with a seasoned veteran
and I hope that I will eventually be part of the ranks of the veterans. I
might then offer, "If you have any further questions or comments that I may
answer, please do not hesitate to contact me." This way, if there is any
question or issue, I open the opportunity for dialog and, if I am
hyperconscious, I won't prompt undue attention.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Mary