[humanser] Greetings and regarding Duls fables

JD TOWNSEND 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 4 04:00:44 UTC 2009

Hi and welcome:

This is not directly responsive, but may be close.  I have a series of
guided relaxation and guided imagery audio tracks that I have used with
elementary school children.  After some time I found that the results seemed
to work with learning self soothing and positive decision making to older
kids as well.  In the end I found that certain of the exercises were helpful
to a woman in her 80's.  Likewise play therapy, clearly identified with
treatment for younger children, has applications for adults as well.  My
biggest problem in using child techniques was allowing myself to encourage
such behavior from grown-ups.  When I have run multi-family groups (love
them) a part of treatment was encouraging play between parents and children.

Narrative is a good diagnostic tool, but is also and excellent form of
therapy.

Best of luck.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System