[humanser] SPMI

Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Sun Nov 15 15:27:21 UTC 2009

	Hello All,
I am currently working on my applications to internship. Many of my chosen
sites are medical hospitals, psychiatric hospitals or VA hospitals. Though
many have discouraged the application due to my blindness--may be to
fast-paced, to dangerous, or whatever else their projected fears and
misperceptions may impose on my pursuits.
As I apply I have come across the acronym SPMI. Though I am currently
employed at a training hospital--and it is not to fast-paced, dangerous, or
any of those cautionary predictions; however, I am not familiar with this
acronym. Does anyone have any insights on the meaning?
Thanks
Mary