[humanser] trade skills and tallents for services with time banking; for service-minded people

leslie penko leslie_penko at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 17:01:26 UTC 2009

I discovered this organization in my county and think it would be a great opportunity for those with skills and tallents that are also in need of services.  Think of it as a big bartering system where providing services earn you "time dollars" to spend receiving services from screened individuals.  I was looking for some transportation resources and came upon this.  I plan to join and offer cooking, laundry and possibly even counseling services in hope of trading for a driver to get me to various appointments and interviews.

go to http://community.timebanks.org
 and click on "find timebanks" for the local timebank closest to you.

Please spread the word to anyone you know as the timebanks share services like tutoring, teaching music or foreign language, cozmotology, painting and home services  and any number of skills.

Good luck and hope this works for some of you!
~Leslie