[humanser] question about screne reader and agency-record software

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Jul 7 23:59:47 UTC 2011

Great question.  I work in the Human Services field and find that the
programs that I use are very JAWS friendly.  However, the operate on a
windows platform which sure makes things a lot easier.  I also worked
closely with my supervisor and our IT staff to insure access.  The more
difficult part is that it is an internship, but still no excuse for them to
make their programs accessible.  What have you done as far as requesting a
reasonable accommodation, working with the IT staff, your supervisor both
in-house and for your internship, and even VR if you are working with them?
They do have an obligation to provide reasonable work accommodations for
you.  Even beginning the education process is a huge step, and by providing
information to your internship supervisor such as www.jan.wvu.edu is a great
start.
I am sure that others will chime in as well.

Steve Johnson