[humanser] question about blindness and the mental status exam

Osmond Kwan osmond81 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:00:54 UTC 2011

Thanks Melissa. I guess my question is for anyone who is in mental
health or counseling also.
My field instructor from my social work internship asked me a really
good question. It is about the mental status exam which is a part of
intake.
How is it that we can assess physical appearance, motor activity, and
physical expression? How do we document things that we are unable to
see that the sighted can easily spot like weight, race, and
appropriateness of dress?

Thanks,
Osmond