[humanser] question about screen reader and agency-record software

Osmond Kwan osmond81 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 00:47:09 UTC 2011

Dear All,

The program is activated through remote access through the web.
Because the agency does not have a screen reader, I bring in my own
laptop and access the network. I can check my agency e-mail account,
and all the areas on the network but when I launch Allscripts
Window-eyes does not work at all.

I presented the situation to my supervisor and the suggestion that
someone been mentioned about using a Word document to fill out the
forms and then have it put into Allscripts. My supervisor supported
the idea.

I was not ready to give up on Window-eyes and e-mailed tech support at
GW-Micro. I never thought about doing so thinking that there is no
hope of having it function with Allscripts. Because someone had
mentioned that JAWS has a $200 upgrade to make it work, then and only
then did I think to e-mail GW-Micro and ask about it.

Tech support got back to me rather quickly and said that it can work.
He e-mailed me a link and it is below including the contents of that
page. I don't understand the instructions that well. I do not know
what the instructions mean by server and client or accessing
Window-eyes locally and remotely. I did see a Citrix option under the
advance section and activated it as well as the Virtual Citrix speech
synthesizer. Doing so completely shut off speech.

I am guessing that it is possible to use Window-eyes with Citrix but I
don't fully understand the directions.

If anyone wants to take a look at the link I have it below:

Thanks,
Osmond
http://www.gwmicro.com/Support/Knowledge_Base/?kbnumber=GWKB1042
GW Micro - Support - Knowledge Base - GWKB1042
GWKB1042 : Window-Eyes and Remote Access
Product: Window-Eyes
Category: Guide