[humanser] Employment

spclarke rainbows719 at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 21:25:36 UTC 2011

I am getting so frustrated with trying to find a job.  There are so many jobs in the Human Services field that require a Driver's License.  I want to work with children and adolescents.  I have a Master's degree in School Counseling from Johns Hopkins University that means nothing right now.  I am a member of Chi Sigma Iota (Counseling Honor Society).  Does anyone have any ideas about what employers I should look at? I am willing to learn anything that I have to learn to do a job.  I would be the most loyal employee they had ever had.  I am very dedicated and hard working.  I am very detail oriented and organized.  According to the USAjobs.gov website, the Social Security Administration doesn't have any open positions.  There are no positions listed on the USAjobs.gov website for the Social Security Administration.  At a recent NFB meeting in Baltimore, a member said that she was hired for a job with the Social Security Administration that she did not apply for.  I wish I could be lucky enough to get a phone call from an employer who wanted to hire me.  I have been looking for a job since January.  Any help would be appreciated!

Sue-Ellen Clarke in Maryland