[humanser] Employment

Karen Rose rosekm at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 14 21:53:09 UTC 2011

Hi:  I think looking for a job is the most frustrating job in the world,
even more frustrating than looking for a partner.(smile)

Why bother looking at Social Security if your interest is in school
counseling?

Why not simply ignore the so-called requirement of a drivers' license and
simply apply for things that interest you, using your non-driver ID as a
drivers' license number?

Check the job descriptions to be sure that driving, not simply moving from
place to place, is truly an essential function.  Most of the time, it is
not.  Unless you are required to transport clients from place to place,
driving is unnecessary and not essential to human services jobs.  If they
simply want you as a counselor to move from school to school, for example,
it is only their lack of imagination that has them requiring a drivers'
license.  I would recommend simply applying anyway.

Karen Rose, MFT