[humanser] HIPAA Compliant File Box

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 29 00:27:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'll check what we use here later this week and get back to you.

I personally don't transport files in print.  Most of what I have and use
are in my computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marion Gwizdala
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:21 PM
To: Human Services List ; blindtlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [humanser] HIPAA Compliant File Box

Dear All,
    I am looking for a HIPAA compliant file box for transporting files to
another office. According to HIPAA regulations, confidential files must be
kep secure in a double locked file box. The office supply retailers stock
such an item, however, all of them use combination locks that are
inaccessible to the blind. Does anyone know where one might be able to get a
double lock file box that uses a keyed lock, rather than a combination lock?
I have asked this question of the Independence Market and they are unaware
of any such products. I am certain there may be others on this list needing
such a thing, so please feel free to write back to the list or directly to
me at

Marion.Gwizdala at Verizon.net

Fraternally yours,
Marion