[humanser] HIPAA Compliant File Box

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Nov 28 19:21:17 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    I am looking for a HIPAA compliant file box for transporting files to another office. According to HIPAA regulations, confidential files must be kep secure in a double locked file box. The office supply retailers stock such an item, however, all of them use combination locks that are inaccessible to the blind. Does anyone know where one might be able to get a double lock file box that uses a keyed lock, rather than a combination lock? I have asked this question of the Independence Market and they are unaware of any such products. I am certain there may be others on this list needing such a thing, so please feel free to write back to the list or directly to me at

Marion.Gwizdala at Verizon.net

Fraternally yours,
Marion