[humanser] HIPAA Compliant File Box

Marion Gwizdala, M.S. Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net
Thu Nov 29 15:35:48 UTC 2012

Carly,
    the HIPAA regulations require confidential files to always be secured
with a double lock. In the office, this means having a locked file cabinet
behind a locked door. When transporting files, this means either a locked
box inside a locked briefcase or a file box with two separate locks. The
office supply stores sell a double-locked file box that is compliant but
only in the combination lock variety. HTH!

Marion Gwizdala, M.S., C.Ht.