[humanser] New Member

MARY CHAPPELL MTC5 at COX.NET
Thu Aug 8 01:04:48 UTC 2013

Mary Tatum Chappell, Psy.D.
-----Original Message-----
From: humanser [mailto:humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Dorothea
Martin
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:39 PM
To: humanser at nfbnet.org
Subject: [humanser] New Member

Hello to All,
I have just joined this list and would like to introduce myself. |I am an
American studying Positive Psychotherapy, a new branch of psychotherapy
known mainly in Europe and Asia, in Kosovo. I am in my last semester of
classwork for a Master's degree in this field. I am blind and look forward
to sharing ideas and thoughts with other human services workers. Beginning
in September I will be facilitating a psychotherapy and mental health
maintenance group for teenaged students at the Kosovo school for the blind
and helping them start a music program to prepare students to enter the
music program at the university in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo. I am 62
years old anhd in my day the schools for the blind gave no attention to
teaching us how to maintain our mental health. I believe that this lack has
actually led to many blind people dying well before their time. I want to
specialize in helping blind and disabled people to maintain or restore
mental health. I very much look forward to sharing ideas with all of you.
Dotty Martin