[humanser] Screen Access Software and Licensing Exam

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Dec 18 03:32:53 UTC 2013

Mary and others on this list,

It has been a few years since I took the licensing exam to receive my LCSW.
I was told the software wouldn't work with JAWS, and I didn't fight that as
I wasn't so much in to doing that type of thing in those days.  I did
request any possible accommodations.  When I took the exam, I was in a test
room with a computer on which others took the test.  I was provided with a
person who could write my answers in a booklet, and I received the exam
questions in Braille.  Fortunately I passed and finished before my time was
up even with maybe two short breaks.  Because I was not using the computer
software, my answers had to be sent to ASWB and it took a few weeks to be
informed in writing regarding my results.  Those using the software got
immediate feedback as to how they did on the exam.  That's my story, and I
do hope the day will come when we can use the software for the exam.

Best,

Sandy