[humanser] Exchange rates, payment and others Re: online counseling start up

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 24 15:11:39 UTC 2013

There is no official formula for sliding fees.  All are arbitary.  Some us
the formula of the government's established  poverty level income or 120% of
that to determine fee schedules.  I never asked for income documentation.  I
most frequently tell a referral what my usual charge is and tell them that I
am able to slikde that down if their current cash flow does not allow for
that fee.  We most often work something out without the use of a formula.

Note that insurance coverage only pays for face-to-face interviews.

What does your state Board say about this form of treatment, it is important
that they see this as bonified under their licensure standards.

Good luck as you explore this new mode of treatment.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System