[humanser] Regarding several projects

MARY CHAPPELL MTC5 at COX.NET
Sun Jul 14 04:02:55 UTC 2013

Gerardo,
If you would be agreeable, I have a former supervisee who is an art
therapist from Puerto Rico. Though she is not blind, she has worked closely
with me, her supervisor who is blind, in an inpatient hospital setting and
we have had several newly blinded patients. The blindness was secondary to
traumatic experiences involving violent acts. She is very proactive and,
would likely welcome a chance to interact and contribute. Please let me know
your thoughts and, if you are agreeable I will put you in touch with her.
Mary
-----Original Message-----
From: humanser [mailto:humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Gerardo
Corripio
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:50 PM
To: Human Services Mailing List
Subject: [humanser] Regarding several projects

  HI guys
Who knows enough Spanish to send a project I've come up with for hospitals
and other health institutions? Because they don't have any protocol of how
to treat newly blinded people, especially no psychologyst to help with
giving out the news of a family member becoming blind, nor any blind models
to serve as examples, I've come up with a project which I sent off to the
Pemex hospital (Mexican Petrolium company has hospitals for its workers) but
they didn't give any thought of any kind, thus I left it for dead.
Also here in Mexico, there's an early intervention center for children with
disabilities in which I presented a similar project. IN both, I presented
group therapy; though Ionly know from what I learned in school how it works,
I think I can handle, thus they also (apart from not giving any thought)
when I went to interview, they made me feel as if I'm dumb and the staff at
the center knew more than I! So I've got them written up in Word but in
Spanish, thus I'd appreciate if any of you guys with enough Spanish, I could
send and you could give feedback if maybe I should present them again? I'm
desperately looking for some kind of work! Yes I've got a private practice
but it's not enough! I don't mean to rant but 've got lots of potential, but
the blindness culture here is an obstacle! So any help appreciated, on these
projects, or any ideas of how to work, or is self-employment the only
option?
Also I wanted to volunteer at an old-people asylum maybe doing group therapy
but also no go! They didn't reject but they made me feel as if I'm wanting
or asking too much when all I'm wanting is an opportunity!
and a way to turn out all these ideas and all this potencial that's burning
inside!
Also I'm thinking about maybe going to schools and give conferences and
talks? Maybe with these I can make a little money or something?
also I've got a psychology program on an Internet radio station which I'm
hoping will evolve in people maybe inviting me to give talks thus making
money?
Thanks for your time, and hope something productive comes out of these; also
I have no way of writing these or asking about if I'm on the right track,
except on here where surely some of you have been on the same path as I.

--
Gera Saludos desde Tampico, Tamaulipas México
acseso+subscribe-ios at googlegroups.com Foro/lista donde tomando en cuenta las