[humanser] updates

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Mon Oct 7 14:32:58 UTC 2013

Hello Human Services Division members,

Soon the Division will be hosting a web site.  The Board is very excited
about this venture.  If you have any ideas or interests of what you would
like to see on the web site please let us know.

We have been discussing changing the time and possibly the date of our
Division meeting at convention.  Input from our membership in this regard is
greatly appreciated.

Please let us know topics of interests for our Division meeting at
convention.  This is your meeting and we are in hopes the members will be
excited in attending.  Early input is great so the Events Committee will
have time to create a program and find guest speakers.  If you would like to
present a training on a specific topic or discuss a specific field of your
expertise please let us know.

The Policy and Law Committee is meeting this upcoming Sunday.  Specifics
will be posted later on this week.

As the Board discussed last night at our meeting, the Human Service
Professions for blind individuals appears to be heading down a path that
will leave us behind.  Although we may face barriers we are a strong and
proud division of the NFB and we can face these barriers together, but we
need your help and involvement!  The future of many professions within this
Division needs you!   Let's avoid reaching a level of crisis; it is time to
move into action for prevention!

There are several committees that need membership involvement such as the
Events, Fundraising, Membership, and Social Media committees.  You need to
be a member of the Division to be a part of a committee so if you have not
paid your $5 dues please send them to our Treasurer, JD Townsend.

The Board has an "open door" policy, please contact us so we can be
supportive to you.  My home phone is 813/626-1850.

Sincerely,

Merry C. Schoch

Humans Services Division

President