[humanser] Accessible Technology Delay inInternship and Emplyment

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Sat Oct 12 22:44:52 UTC 2013

Alyssa,

What type of host are you trying to connect to? Windows Terminal Server, Virtual Desktop (VMware, Citrix, …), MAC OS X Server, or a Linux / Unix Server? I am going to guess a Windows Terminal Server or a Virtual Desktop.

What version operating system is your client. Windows 7, Windows 8, …?

What screen readers do you own or have access too?

What level of vision do you have?

On Oct 12, 2013, at 14:38 CDT, "Alyssa Munsell" <alyssa53105 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just downloaded the demo Window Eyes. It does seem really good, but there
> are still a lot of steps that need to be taken to make it work with a remote
> desktop. It has to be installed on both the client (my) computer and the
> host (the agency's) main computer. It's still a matter of needing the IT
> department at the agency to install the technology, which they are not
> really doing, from what I can tell.
>
> I am still concerned about how to navigate this kind of issue in the future
> with employers. I'm always going to need a screen enhancer and screen reader
> to be installed in order to use a computer so I can do the necessary work. I
> can't imagine that potential employers would accept the idea of my working
> for their agency but not being able to do work for days or even weeks until
> their IT department gets all my technology installed.

P.S. Students get free two day shipping and other benefits by signing up with "Amazon Student”. Click the following link to sign-up: http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=Z5OZDF6CNEYBGPOXCVKEXRD5WQ&ref_type=generic

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com

RICIS, Inc.
7849 Bristol Park Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477-4594
http://www.ricis.com

708-267-6664 Cell
708-444-2690 Office
708-444-1115 Fax (Call First)
We are tired of SPAM faxes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.