[humanser] AccessibleTechnology Delay inInternship and Emplyment

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 14 01:13:33 UTC 2013

Hi:

As my hospital slowly moves into electronic records I am employing the
state's blind services to engage a blindness software consultant to write
scripts for my screen reader to enable it to fully access various documents.
The hospital's electronic records database is a pieceworked application not
using MSAA, so it is slow and sort of clunky.  It is not ideal, but we make
it work.

For years I have used the hospital's forms, scanned, and edited into MS Word
formatted documents.  That along with a picture of my signature plopped in
the correct places, allowed me to do my work.

It takes some work on the agency's side and a lot of flexability on ours.

Best of luck.

JD

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.