[humanser] Interview Tomorrow & Hospitals

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 18 02:56:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

Best of luck with your interview.  Easy does it, just do it!

Getting around the facility?  It will be a piece of cake once you stop
worrying about it.

Hospitals are set up in a very systematic manner with numbered rooms, all of
which ought to be identified in braille &  large print.  I have worked in
hospitals, nursing homes & assisted living facilities and it is easier than
you are imagining to make your way around.  I did have to learn to walk more
slowly and to choke up a bit on my white cane though.

As for knowing if someone is at home, I just announce myself, quietly, and
wait to be invited in.  For me walking into a patient room is not okay,
perhaps for nurses, aides and doctors, but allowing someone more control and
boundaries is a part of my clinical practice.

If you have ever nagotiated a NFB National Convention it will be easy as
pie.