[humanser] ways we read

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Jan 22 22:54:46 UTC 2014

Ericka,

Well, I haven't sent you any Braille and ought to get myself to do that!  Do
you read Braille with your eyes?  My best friend was a state blindness rehab
teacher and she thinks teaching Braille to partially sighted kids is not
beneficial cause they end up using their vision to read it.  I think she did
that when she became legally blind at age ten.  One of our NFB members, who
lost her vision from a brain tumor, has classes at her house for a few
adults we know.  She does it as a volunteer, and got some books from NFB.

Sandy