[humanser] Importance of Psychology in blindness especially firststages?

Ericka Short via humanser humanser at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 19:16:10 UTC 2014

Sounds like they don't trust a blind /hearing impaired person.  Having said
this, did they even interview you?  How'd they know the other person was
more qualified?  I agree someone in the same or similar position would make
a better counselor at that agency.  A sighted person (assuming the chosen
one was) can't understand the fears and need to  remain independent as you
could.  Could it have been the hearing loss and not the blindness?  I am
sorry they couldn't be honest.  They should have asked or each candidate to
do a mock therapy session with willing clients and let them decide, not
stuffed shirts with sight.

There are people in the so called progressive US that make decisions the
same way and try to cover it up.  When will this world grow up?

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short