[humanser] introduction and a few questions

Quinto Sanchez sanchezq at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 30 18:38:22 UTC 2015

Hi Vejas,

I'll do my best to answer some of your questions. Although, I don't have as
much experience in the field as others on this list do.

1. Families come into counseling both voluntarily and/or mandated by court
or protective service agencies.
2. I think its difficult to find any kind of job when you have a disability.
simply because there are more obstacles in the way. However, many
successfully find employment and here on this list you can get great tips on
how to overcome some of the barriers that prevent us from finding
employment. In regards to a career in psychotherapy, I don't think its
anymore difficult finding employment in this field in comparison to other
fields. You can always work for a clinic, agency, the government, or a
private practice.
3. providing therapy is not for everyone because yes it can be emotionally
draining. Although, it can also be emotionally rewarding. You have to be
strong enough to be able to leave the troubling stories you might heare in
sessions back at the office, and not take them home with you. That can
become difficult sometimes. It's important to have social support from
friends, family, church or where ever you can simply laugh and forget about
the serious issues you might face. You definitely want to know how to relax.

Hope this helps.