[humanser] Do You Work in a Jail or Prison?

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Tue Jun 9 16:24:25 UTC 2015

I remember, many years ago, a blind man working in Corrections
speaking as part of an NFB convention general session, but sadly I
don't remember the year, the man's name, or the title of his
presentation. Perhaps someone else on this list will remember more
than I do? All I remember right now is a comment he made while
discussing his techniques for avoiding physical conflict, which was
that he ascertains whether the person is left or right handed, then
stands facing that person in a way that causes that person's dominant
arm to be beside a wall, hence, short of room to be drawn back for a
sudden punch. The strategy intrigued me at the time for its subtlety,
as I recall.