[humanser] psychiatric medication question

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Sat Jun 13 00:05:07 UTC 2015

Hello Serena and all others,

Are you familiar with the Recovery Model and any of Lisa St. George's materials? Lisa created a facilator's manual and corresponding workbooks for a class called, Medication for Success. Typically thiss class is eight weeks and meets for two hours each week. The overall purpose of this class is to educate and empower consumers living with mental illness to make informed choices about medications.

Other elementss of the class includes understanding and identifying medication-related side effects, symptomss and the ability to recognize the difference between side effectss and emotions. You might want to see if your local mental health agencies offerss this class or something similar. Additionally, you may want to see if your community has Health Navigators who work with mental health organizations. One function of the health navigator who works with mental health consumers is to model, coatch and observe consumerss to interact with primary care doctors and mental health providers...

Best,
Lisaa Irving

Sent from my iPad