[humanser] Paying to Join the Federation

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 29 13:13:32 UTC 2015

Rhona:

I feel that health care should be free, paid for by our taxes.  Membership
in the NFB is like that, our taxes for being a part of an organization that
has our individual & collective backs.

Last night I cut my hand while cutting down a tree in my yard.  The saw
slipped, as they tend to do for the light dependent as well as for the
blind.  In the emergency department of the hospital where I work I was told
by my nurse and, later and more strongly, by the RNP who stiched me up. that
as a blind person I had no right doing yard work, especially that I should
never have touched a prunning saw.  The years of knowng the NFB philosophy
helped me to keep my cool while not allowing such misconsemptions to stand
unchallenged.

While most of us have no money to burn, we pay for what we get, one way or
another.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System