[humanser] Looking for Professional Sources on the topic of challenges that Counselors with Disabilities Face

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 02:48:35 UTC 2015

Thanks for the link to resources, Big Dog! I haven't actually had a
chance to read any of the articles yet but I hope to be able to do so
starting tomorrow; I've been immersed in other projects/readings.
Also, thanks Merry for the suggestion to check out the Tenbrook
library; I will do that as well.
I agree that a lack of literature (especially current literature) may
be evidence of a problem. I also think that our
acceptance/internalization of the concept that "we are supposed to be
the client and not the counselor" is a huge part of the problem.
Please don't hear me say that we as blind people cannot or should not
be clients or patients; I am not saying that is wrong or bad in any
way. I am just saying it should be just as much a given that blind
people will also be the counselor, doctor, etc., basically the one on
the helping/professional side of the relationship.

--
Sarah K. Meyer
Graduate Student, Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Social Psychology
sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
(317)402-6632

characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Together with love,
hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.