[humanser] Challenges with VR services

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 19:33:14 UTC 2015

I am in somewhat of a similar situation though my counselor is willing to pay for things. Thankfully she is not putting the onus on me to come up with the entire justification for everything I need. We are working together.

The point stated earlier that you need to get your job focus specific is very good. I've been asked to do the same. I suggest if you are confused about what form/type of social work you specifically want to do, ask to do an internship at a program you think you would enjoy working at. I would not suggest the Salvation Army as that's not a place you could find employment later at. Here in Wisconsin, they are willing to give you a paid three-month internship to get work experience and decide if that area is for you. Depending on the counselor, you can break things up and try several places. This is similar to job shadowing but if you need money this pays you and it has been my experience that the pay is consumerate with your experience and what someone in that Position would be paid.

Ericka Short
"Friends are like flowers in the garden of life"

Sent from my iPhone