[humanser] adjustment to blindness

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:30:11 UTC 2015

Mike, thanks for the ref to Tuttle—as a person totally blind from birth, I took the Hadley course anyway, and even I benefited! “Shouldn’t be all enjoy the night,” indeed! I was a disturbing news story locally the other day, about a mom’s efforts to fundraise to help her daughter, who has Leber’s; it made blindness sound so-o-o unnecessarily tragic, and really set my teeth on edge; of course, the journalists were all gah-gah! It is hard to win the war on that thinking, when the # of sighted folks is, of course, greater than ours, and their voice seems to be at a raging-higher volume... Keep the faith, everyone, as I will.

Sandra
“To love another person is to see the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)