[humanser] Do you know about these?

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 13 00:39:27 UTC 2016

Hello:

Unfortunately Electronic Medical Records are, well almost, universal in
hospitals and in most larger agencies.  The programs are rarely easily
accessible for blind folks and do take more time for light-dependent folks
as well.

So, is it worth it?  Yes, speaking for myself, it is.  Always the
documentation takes more time and effort than we would like to spend, but
the insurance companies demand it.  If these documents were developed to be
of clinical importance, they would look very different.

The ability to provide psychotherapy is a great honor and challenge.  Always
there will be paperwork.  The EMR programs are many and, unfortunately, do
not meet ADA or Rehab Act requirements.  At some time, soon I hope, the NFB
will challenge them in court.  Until then, we have to wade through a
migraine of adjustment.

JD