[humanser] Requesting suggestions for dealing with problematic website

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 06:32:21 UTC 2016

Cheryl,
	I like that you went for the job and retained the ability to advocate after the results. There are times that we forget that employers are not intentionally discriminating. It is often a simple fact that no individual with a visual impairment has applied for the position before.
	I choose to involve the employer in the process when it is appropriate. This allows me to involve the employer in the advocacy process and they feel that they are a part of the advocacy process. It changes their position from an "against" stance to a "for" stance. They become more informed and collaborative.
	Of course, you know that I love to bark! I am glad that you know when to let your "inner dog" off the leash

Warmly,

Rev. Michael “Big Dog” Abell

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250
Phoenix, Arizona  85034
(602) 253-4084 ext 1

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (
bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any attachments.