[humanser] Providing EMDR as a therapeutic modality

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 17 03:46:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

I had adult patients who had suffered for decades due to childhood traumas.
I added  conjunctive treatment with a colleague who is EMDR trained.  The
process is interesting;  it uses trauma reduction through reliving in a safe
environment, not a unique treatment.  It does work.  I have looked in the
past for EMDR trained blind psychotherapists without success.  My colleague
often uses the buzzers in the hands or sounds using headphones to alternate
between sides of the brain, both work well.

So, be the first!  Go where no blind psychotherapist has ventured before and
lead the way ... some of us will follow in your foot prints.

JD