[humanser] NFB Human Services Division Legislation and Advocacy Committee Conference Call - Sunday, Jan. 31, 2016, 8PM EST

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 00:13:56 UTC 2016

Good evening, fellow Federationists, colleagues, members of the
division and list, and friends,

I am writing to inform you that the Legislation and Advocacy Committee
of the Human Services Division of the National Federation of the Blind
invites all of you who are interested to join our meeting tomorrow,
January 17, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. eastern time.  Please find the call in
instructions below:

 Dial in number:      513-386-0000
 Participant access code:  554254#

We will be discussing the recent Washington Seminar (and ways that we
can continue to advocate for passage of the Accessible Instructional
Materials in Higher Education Act, the Transitioning Into Meaningful
Employment Act, the Equal Access to Air Travel Act, and ratification
of the Marrakesh Treaty (aka the Books without Borders Treaty).

We will also be discussing our ongoing efforts to bring together
various stakeholders such as Pearson Vue (administrator of most if not
all licensing exams), ASWB (owners of the social work licensing exams,
NBCC (owners of the counselrs' exams, and ASPPB (owners of the EPPP or
psychologists' exams).

Anyone is welcome to participate; we welcome fresh ideas and value
your input.  If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate
to let me know.

All the best,

Sarah