[humanser] Several Questions one technology related the other employment related

Jessica Snyder jsnyder3986 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:35:00 UTC 2016

Hello List,
I am pursuing an online degree in forensic psychology. Due to also being employed and not having a school in my area that offers this program online is the way this has to go. That of course is my first challenge the course room is on blackboard. I use JAWS and NVDA when using my computer and voice over on my IPad when completing work via that device. Does anyone have suggestions for easier navigation. I have been in communication with my disability services they sent me a tutorial and called it a day. As an example it takes me alternating between JAWS and NVDA just to submit a paper and this still takes at least an hour. I also can only complete this on my computer as for some reason the IPad will not work for this feature I am always told the format I am trying to submit is not valid which is not true as it is either word or google docs which the course room accepts.
My second question is employment related. I am interested in several sub categories with in forensic psychology one is victim advocacy. There is a domestic violence child abuse center locally. I would be very interested to work in such an environment. However, I know not only are the women running from abusive situations but they maybe on drugs and unpredictable. Does anyone on this list work in this type of setting? If so how safe is it for a blind person? I am also a guide dog user so if someone could weigh in on that aspect as well I would appreciate it. I obviously wouldn't want to put myself or my dog into a dangerous situation.
Thank you for any advice or suggestions.
Jessica

Sent from my iPad