[humanser] Job interviews

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 04:58:13 UTC 2016

Rebecca,

I would encourage you to sell your skills and your experience and your education

I would like to share a couple reflections and a few thoughts about my own experiences trying to find work getting an interview and finally having a job that I really love.

I believe that there were two factors that help me to land my job. First, I'm the real deal. I am good at what I do. I enjoy facilitating presenting and writing reports yes, you heard me right writing reports I also believe that it helped out two of the three interviewers were acquainted with me. One of the interviewers was present when I did a presentation for her team I am proud to say that I am a member of this team.

I am going to make a speculation that at some level may be a little controversial I wonder if sometimes I am my own worst enemyI have been told that I have to sell myself; that I have to be better than my cited counterpartg I have also been told that I should weave into my story how I do things as a blind person. Honestly, I think to some extent that it was these believes and what I had been coached to do by professionals and friends that actually may have contributed to me not getting a lot of the jobs I interviewed for I am very thankful for individuals on this listserv and for the rest of my Federation family. I believe that I would still be unemployed if I had not reached out to people on this list and individuals in the Federation.

Rebecca, you are the real deal! You are your best representative; your best sales person and authentically and innately capable

Thoughtfully,
Lisa Irving

Sent from my iPhone