[humanser] ADA Hyppa regulations and reader services

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Jul 25 15:07:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

This Wednesday I will be meeting with a number of people including my employers human resources director. We will be discussing lawful accommodations. I would like to have access to nominal reader service assistance. I am open to this assistance coming from my coworkers volunteers or paid readers. Him prior conversations with my employer they have raised the issue concerning Hyppa regulations. I have been told based on this concern they not allow non-employees to provide this assistance furthermore, my supervisor has been expected to provide this support. She is already overworked. Nevertheless, I have asked my coworkers periodically to assist with some reading. Much of this reading involves deciphering consumers handwriting

I understand the importance of Hyppa regulations. I am wondering if I have protections and rights under the ADA to work with paid readers or volunteer readers who undergo my employers Hyppa training. Your assistance is requested. If you have this information please let me know ASAP thank you

From,
Lisa Irving Sent from my iPhone